2.25.2011

Getting Ready

I sent off a very special package yesterday...I hope it is liked!
Now I can share my goods that were included. The first half of the week was spent creating and putting the finishing touches on it.
Here is the diaper holder/changing pad that I made, courtesy of Cluck Cluck Sew's tutorial found here. This project was super fast and easy. It is a GREAT gift idea. I would have loved one of these compact all-in-ones for C and G.















Then, there is the craft near and dear to my heart, knitting. I decided on matching knitted hats.
This pattern was Children's Cotton Hats by Kim Hamlin from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I used Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton yarn and size 7 dpns. This is a pattern I had knit before, but with a different yarn and color. It is so fast and simple. I love the look of the i-cord that circles the hat. I can't wait to see the girls. I hope their heads haven't grown too much yet:)




















Lastly, there was the Big Baby Block. I am really curious to hear what they think. The babies are too small to play with it now, but soon enough...



I have spent the majority of the second half of the week getting ready to go away. Four friends and I are going on a fantastic, fabulous, crafting getaway. I have been attempting to organize. I have put all of the patterns I want to sew along with all of the materials and cut out material in ziploc baggies, I have printed off the templates I want to embroider, and I have packed some knitting and pictures to organize. Each of us does something different, there are scrapbookers, paper crafters, sewers, knitters, and those that are great with a hot glue gun! I am psyched. We leave this evening and come home on Sunday, so Sunday nights blog post should be WONDERFUL, stay tuned...

1 comment:

Nic said...

most awesome package i've ever received!!!! the girls are dying to meet you!