3.25.2007

Apricot Jacket...the first night

So, I have finished the first night of the Apricot Sweater. It did not go as smoothly as I would have liked. Mostly because I have a 3 month old baby who doesn't take naps anywhere but my arms and doesn't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time at night. Any suggestions? I am pretty exhausted. Anyway, I finished a little bit of the sleeve:

It isn't too bad. I am sure that it isn't perfect, but I like the feel of the yarn. I am knitting in Cotton Fleece on size 7 needles. I decided to do a sleeve first (thanks to Goodkarma) so I could get the diagonal pattern down. I am glad I did because I definitley started over once or twice. I also took down the amount of ribbing...I am pretty short, so I am just assuming that the sleeves will be way to long. Well, I am happy with it so far. It seems like it will be a pretty quick knit. I am liking the pattern, it keeps it interesting. Now I just have to finish it in time to wear it for spring.

1 comment:

goodkarma said...

Hello! I just found you, and it looks like you're doing great with the Aprikot Jacke! I hope it's coming along well for you. I love Cotton Fleece; that should be a great substitute for your cardi. Enjoy!

(Oh, and I know just what you mean about trying to knit with the little one... now that my baby's a bit older, I'm having an easier time finding knitting time. She goes to bed a couple of hours or so earlier than I do, so there you go!)